Friday, August 12, 2005

Friday Love 'em and leave 'em

For a dyed-in-the-wool author, nothing is as dead as a book once it is written. She is rather like a cat whose kittens have grown up.
Rumer Godden

Letting go of the past is as easy as walking away. I think that is why I write. It allows me to process all of my past actions, thoughts, and realities so that I can create a new reality with each time my hands begin to channel my mind onto my computer screen.

When I write I am creating a manifestation of a new way of looking at my world. It is nice to share that with other people. Sometimes in the meanderings of my life and thoughts comes something that I never expected. I find that as my inner world immerges into the outer world that I see on my screen, there are subtle changes in the life that I share with others.

I often think that when I write I am channeling something from other dimensions and spaces that most have only dreamed about but never considered to be a possibility. I often find that what pops onto the screen is nothing that has ever crossed my mind before and thus is a gift from some diva from the cosmic stream of consciousness trying to find a voice in a vortex of evolving change.

I am driven to amuse me and in the process sometimes others are amused or bemused and sometimes confused but ultimately what I do, I do for me. When I am done with these thoughts and ideas what others choose to do with them is up to them. I am a cold-hearted lover that once I am satisfied I move on to another love affair within my mind. A love affair that is fickle and seduced by the whims of consciousness that has been offered a tidbit from an infinite well deep beyond the limens of the five senses. My love affair is an affair of the sixth sense and infinite dimensions.

I sometimes say that I am a slash and burn writer, but it may be that I am a love them and leave them kind of writer. But when the winter of my life is finally upon me it will be nice to look back at the children who were born of my passion for words and ideas. Hopefully that golden time will be many, many eons from my present expression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home