Monday, August 29, 2005

I Never Loved Her Anyway

When Jimmy was caught in the agony of separation from Melody and his daughter, Joliet Epiphany, he told me about Mel… I never loved her anyway.

Now I sit watching TV as they report on the approaching and increasing danger of Katrina and I wonder did Melody leave New Orleans in response to the mandatory evacuation. I wonder did Jimmy leave New Orleans in response to the mandatory evacuation. Did they have enough sense in the drama queen brains to take Joliet to safety?

I was in New Orleans when the last threat came through and Jimmy and I were alone then … it was before Joliet was born. We refused to go to the Super Dome knowing it was going to be hell. The storm moved and moved over to Biloxi - The morning after we went out to search for food. I know my son. The odd of him changing significantly so that he would seek safety is minimal. Melody might have enough sense. But I don’t know.

Funny how we go through life and we survive the emotional storms that can devastate us… well we survive but we are still wounded. Our souls become fragmented and damaged. And as I watch the news streaming in from the storm area, I think that perhaps he did love her even if to protect himself he had to say: I never loved her anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home